? ??????????????Michael Jacson Tribute? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (12 Ratings)??443 Grabs Today. 4891 Total
Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ?????????????????Skulls Splatter Burst? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (10 Ratings)??1016 Grabs Today. 9485 Total Grabs. ??????Preview BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, March 20, 2010

The day my boys went deaf

Ron left yesterday morning for a business trip in which he'll be gone for one week. Piece of cake I've done this before. Yesterday was beautiful! 60 and sunny and we spent as much time outside while Andersen kept having meltdowns (which is unusual for him) about how he wants to just go to a toy store. I explained it's going to be cold and rainy all weekend and we'll have plenty of time to go.

The day started off pretty well though I believe my kids lost their hearing while they slept last night. I was pretty set on going to the Y for a run since I've had two days off though wasn't too confident because I've had a bad cough and congestion this week. I figured it would get the kids out and they can play while I get some time to myself. Later I decided against it and decided to take the boys to a movie at noon which will cut out a nap. Naps are ok to miss here and there and since it's going to be a low key day I figured why not? Noon can't come soon enough since the boys were up around a little before 6am. I put them back in bed and went back myself. In the mean time a shoe store in the area's having a buy one get one half off plus I had a coupon for 20% off so I figured that would take up some time before the movie. Wasn't sure what time the store opened so left the house, boys bundled up, to find out that they didn't open for another hour. So I headed to Target to waste some time. We began walking around in which consisted of Andersen whining that he wanted to go to the toy section. I told him we would but lets walk around first while I kept on him about keeping up and stop laly-gaggling. Complaining and whining came along with the looking and walking around the store where he complained how tired he was of walking and his legs are so tired. "Do you want to sit in the cart since you're so tired of walking?" I asked. He snuffed and said No! His complaining just continued so I put him in the cart and took out Jasper who I knew would keep up and would listen. Andersen immediately had a LOUD meltdown something I'm not accustomed to because he's never had one in public. I kept walking and ignored his meltdown while Jasper walked along with the cart. We soon made it to the toy section and while trying to get the boys to load up again was another meltdown by Andersen who said he was really angry with me for putting him in the cart. I nodded and explained if he would have listened, kept up, and stopped complaining than he wouldn't be in the cart. Jasper stood on the outside of the cart which I was fine with since I was going slow. Andersen was still angry and decided to peel Jasper's fingers off the cart. I corrected him and told him the consequences of his actions and told him his Wii privileges were gone if he did it again. He did do it again and this time Jasper fought back with the hand that Andersen knocked off and began hitting Andersen in the head which resulted in Andersen yelling to stop. I told Jasper not to ride on the cart and Andersen lost Wii time which again Andersen had another crying loud meltdown.

It was time for the shoe store to open and we were first in the door. Normally the boys listen well and any time I've done shoe shopping they sit after the first time I tell them to. Instead I became the broken record. With my cold and congestion has come a lack of a voice and I said sit down, while pointing to where they needed to be, once, twice, three times, four times. Andersen sat where he wanted and talked back getting louder as I became louder and his brothers were dancing around jumping climbing, knocking shoes off shelves, and opening boxes..Total chaos. I had no control and I couldn't talk as the store clerk just stared at my out-of-control children and I like fools. Finally got them to sit and then found nothing. On the way out Carter was trying to pull shoes off the shelves and I shuffled hands and tried to put shoes back up on shelves. It was awful and I was done.

Next stop was the grocery store which went pretty well until we checked out. The boys began poking each other in the eyes, pinching each other's cheeks, and hitting each other while the checkout lady was trying to ask me questions. Stop it! Stop IT! STOP IT! I said and was pulling them off each other. They laughed and kept on. I was infuriated by now and when we were checked out I stormed to the car and balled each of the boys out. Upon arriving at home Andersen asked if he could play in the basement with his trains. I knew he wanted to play the Wii so I took the Wii console out and said yes. Since becoming a stay at home mom I've found that I've become an emotional eater so I ate while the boys played in the basement. While they played in the basement there was a lot of crying and screaming due to fights over toys and toys being thrown. I ran up and down the stairs to correct behavior and nurture whom ever was hurt.

Later, when the boys awoke from their naps I planned to put clothes away and clean. I separated piles for each boy to put away and would call them in to get more because once they were out of my sight they would start laughing and playing and I didn't see them. I was up and down while trying to complete folding my husband and my clothes due to Carter and Jasper locking the doors which made it impossible for Andersen to put his clothes away. I didn't mind them playing for a bit so in the meantime I put Ron's and my clothes away and began to clean the master bathroom. I went to get the boys to find clothes thrown around in the twins room, Andersen whining because he had surprisingly and unusually pooped his pants, and Carter was drinking out of the toilet. I yelled at Carter, put Andersen on the toilet, and made Jasper and Carter pick their clothes up. I then marched them into my bedroom and back to theirs to put another handful of clothes away. A few other things happened which ended in me yelling a whole lot of nothing since I can't talk while the boys gave me blank stares and I finished up my cleaning. We soon went downstairs and began putting toys away which resulted in a lot of 1/3rd putting toys away and 2/3rds of the boys taking toys out. I gave the 1/3rd a glass of chocolate milk for doing as I asked and the other2/3rds screamed and cried after I had explained to them that if they clean their toys than they'll get a glass of chocolate milk. 7 o'clock couldn't come soon enough.

After dinner I let the boys watch a movie and a quarter after seven began the night time routine. Had meds, toothbrushes, humidifiers, and PJs ready. Went to change Carter's diaper to find he had an acidic poop which caused his butt to be red. Right as I was walking away from Carter Jasper came over and knelt down by Carter and was looking at Carter's butt as he repeated "ouch, red, and hurt!" While I searched for the desitin which I could not find. Everything's hard to find due to the boys constantly getting into things and misplacing items it could happen in a moment of turning the head or thinking something's safe in one place to find it in the toy box the next day! WTH? I was in the kitchen, where we kept it, and when I had glanced into the living room Jasper had the Vick's jar open, Vicks on his hand and was about to apply it to Carter's butt. "No!" I yelled with whatever voice I had left. Jasper stopped and began saying "I help mama! I help!" With that I ran to wash Jasper's hands. Jasper's the child who's always trying to help. He had the right idea though unfortunately the wrong stuff to put on the butt. This night couldn't be over soon enough. Finally got the boys down after fights about brushing teeth. I always like to brush and then let them. Tonight Jasper "Mr. Helpful Independent" was fighting me because he wanted to do it with NO help.

Before putting the boys to bed I gave them a pep talk and told them what I expect from them tomorrow and lets have a better day. Hopefully they heard that and sometime throughout the night they get their hearing back. Tomorrow I plan to run on the treadmill to relieve some of today's stress and calories.

0 comments: